01 January 2014

Ponder Your Life Mission Today


What is your life mission? Over 25 years ago I wrote out my life purpose. I review it each new year. It inspires me to become a better person. It has changed only a little over the years. 

I share it here to encourage you to write out your mission. You'll see I have lots of work yet to do. Share your thoughts on life mission below.  


My chief aim in life is to honour God and live so as to hear him say: "Well done, good and faithful servant".

I am a Christian! I will live for Christ! I will ask: "What would Jesus do?" I will seek first God's Kingdom.

I will aim to make Christ visible in the world, to be a servant and a leader who will bring people into the Christian life and help them live it. I will make disciples.

I will model Christ's love in my marriage. I will raise my children to honour and serve Christ and to exercise their freedom to reach their full potential.

I will maintain a positive attitude and learn to live by faith. I will learn to rejoice in everything and be thankful. I will be a positive influence on people.

I will place the highest value on: humility, integrity, love, creativity, grace, listening, service and charity.

I will seek to live at peace with others.

I will take the bible as my rule of faith and practice in life. I will embrace the Ten Commandments, The Fruit of the Spirit, and The Golden Rule.

I am committed to personal growth and new challenges. I am free to fail and eager to learn from each failure.

I am a communicator and will use my gift and talent to its greatest possible benefit as a preacher, teacher, pastor and author.


Take some time at the start of a new year to think about your mission. Your life matters. It is a gift to all of us. Enjoy it and live it well. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment