06 March 2011

Unbelievable Forgiveness!

Acts 13:38 
"I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you."


What a great thing to know! Is it certain knowledge for you. It is for me.

Paul was asked to preach. Having just arrived in Pisidian Antioch he attended the Synagogue on the Sabbath and was invited to bring "a message of encouragement for the people" (Acts 13:15). 

After recounting much of the Old Testament and the life of Jesus he comes to his main point: "You who believe can be forgiven!"

Here is what forgiveness means to me:
  • I have a restored friendship with God
  • My guilt has been lifted off my shoulders
  • The future is secure for me
  • My inner life is renewed
  • I am healed and whole
  • I am pure and right before a holy God
  • I have a mission
  • Hope is everywhere

Praise God for the cross that takes away my sin. Hallelujah for the empty tomb which proves God's love. How true it is, God is doing something new "that you would never believe even if someone told you". (Acts 13:41) 

Questions
  • Are you forgiven? Are you proclaiming forgiveness through Jesus?
  • What does forgiveness mean to you?

Just for fun
Handel's Messiah: "He Shall Purify" - A somewhat silly re-mix



No comments:

Post a Comment